Are you hydrated enough?
I’m sure you’ve heard that our bodies are composed of about 60-70% water or something. Our cells depend on water, it is needed for our overall health and wellness. You can really improve your day to day physical and mental abilities if you are well hydrated. I drink loads of water every single day, so I notice very quickly whenever I slack and don’t drink enough. I tend to become sluggish and without energy, yawning throughout the day. So, I really encourage you to go drink a big glass of fresh water and see how you feel. I bet you are more awake now aren’t ya?
Obviously, fruit and veggies also contain a lot of water and by eating plenty of them, we do hydrate the body. But with fruit and vegetables, the body also gets plenty of natural sugars, fiber, vitamins, and minerals to digest and absorb. Hence why, we should additionally make sure to drink fresh water to flesh out the system, get the digestion going and hydrate! I also bet you have heard all the tips and tricks to make water taste better and not so blend. You can add mint to it, all the different fruits or cucumber slices… Honestly whatever floats your boat, as long as you hydrate, honey.
Tea or coffee?
What do you prefer, tea or coffee? For me, a cup of tea is where it’s at. Green tea is definitely my favorite one of all, I’m a green tea drinker for sure. Besides green tea, I also love peppermint tea, ginger tea, and turmeric ginger tea. Apart from delicious flavor and pleasure of drinking a nice hot cup of tea, let me tell you why you should implement these teas in your everyday routine.
GREEN TEA: loaded with powerful antioxidants and nutrients, green tea is a superfood, or should I say super-drink? I drink a large cup of green tea every morning to kick start my metabolism and then several more cups through the day. I enjoy it just on its own or with lemon juice, freshly grated ginger or turmeric.
By consistently drinking green tea you will:
- reduce signs of aging
- speed up metabolism and fat burning
- improve blood circulation
- strengthen the immune system
- reduce high blood pressure
- instantly remedy a hangover
- prevent cancer
- reduce cholesterol
- prevent diabetes and regulate insulin production
- boost energy and endurance
- detoxify the body
- reduce the risk of heart diseases
- improve brain function and lower the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
PEPPERMINT TEA: I first tried peppermint tea when I had an upset stomach and it worked wonders. It is super delicious and refreshing way to boost your overall health with its many benefits. Unlike green tea, mint tea is caffeine free so it is perfect for before bad tea drinkers out there.
So, by drinking mint tea you will:
- reduce body temperature and fever
- improve digestion and cure diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome and constipation
- prevent nausea and motion sickness
- relieve the symptoms of cold and flu
- boost the immune system and prevent illnesses
- control your appetite
- release the stress level
- improve oral health
- relieve stomach discomfort
GINGER TEA: my beloved ginger. I put freshly grated ginger in my green tea a lot anyways but you can also make proper ginger tea at home as it is super simple. Just boil the water, add thin slices of fresh ginger root and let it steep for about 10 minutes and voila, that is ginger tea for you. To further boost the health effects I sometimes also add turmeric and lemon juice. Sweeten it with maple syrup or honey if not vegan and there you have it. It is extremely beneficial and very soothing.
Now, let’s see how you can benefit from drinking ginger tea:
- speed up metabolism
- relieve symptoms of chemotherapy
- reduce pain and inflammation in the body
- strengthen the immune system
- relieve stress and anxiety
- soothe menstrual cramps
- relieve a sore throat
- lower cholesterol
- increase blood circulation
- aid in digestion
- decrease the risk of colon cancer
- better nutrients absorption