This is what I dream about at night. Decadent, rich, creamy, sweet hot chocolate. It’s vegan-friendly, full of good healthy ingredients and easy to make.
- 1 can coconut milk I use lite version
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 25 grams dark chocolate at least 75%
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- If you have a blender then just add everything but dark chocolate into a blender and blend until it gets a little bit frothy. If you don’t own a blender just mix all ingredients together with an electric or hand whisk until well combined
- Pour the mixture into a pan over a medium to high heat whisking constantly. When it starts to bubble lower the heat and cook for another 2 minutes to thicken a bit more
- And there you have it. Serve it in your favourite mug and enjoy.
If you prefer yours sweeter you can add more syrup since dark chocolate tends to be more bitter tasting.