There is something so special and heartwarming about drinking good sweet hot chocolate. I personally will take hot chocolate over coffee anytime, but maybe that’s just me being a crazy chocoholic. I wanted to share my healthy version of hot chocolate with you. It is super creamy, chocolaty, rich and overall good for you. I used only good and plant-based ingredients for this one and even though it’s considered healthy, it is not at all lacking in taste!
Super hot chocolate!
Whenever I make hot chocolate, I like to add superfood spices and herbs in. Turmeric is one of them, and this one is a well-known nature’s medicine. It is potentially the most powerful herb for preventing and treating many diseases and conditions. Long story short, you should go to your nearest market and get some of this magical spice. Use it next time you are making curry, rice, soup or this hot chocolate. I also have a recipe for vitamin shot where turmeric is the star of the show.
Anyway, it doesn’t stop with turmeric. This frothy hot chocolate truly is something! It also contains maca powder, ginger, and cinnamon. It is completely plant-based, contains no dairy and no refined sugar. Dark chocolate is also an antioxidant-rich superfood, proven to prevent cancer, improve heart health, lower cholesterol levels, blood pressure and blood sugar and much more! We are winning with this one if you ask me, so let’s get on to the recipe. Trust me, it’s easy peasy.Print
This is what I dream about at night. Decadent, rich, creamy, sweet hot chocolate. It’s vegan-friendly, full of good healthy ingredients and easy to make.
- 1 can coconut milk I use lite version
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 25 grams dark chocolate at least 75%
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- If you have a blender then just add everything but dark chocolate into a blender and blend until it gets a little bit frothy. If you don’t own a blender just mix all ingredients together with an electric or hand whisk until well combined
- Pour the mixture into a pan over a medium to high heat whisking constantly. When it starts to bubble lower the heat and cook for another 2 minutes to thicken a bit more
- And there you have it. Serve it in your favourite mug and enjoy.
If you prefer yours sweeter you can add more syrup since dark chocolate tends to be more bitter tasting.
DO YOU ENJOY PINNING RECIPES? HERE IS A PIN FOR YOU: