This thick and creamy chocolate and peanut butter pudding recipe is a total must-try. So delicious, packed with fiber, protein and important nutrients, perfect for quick breakfast on the go or afternoon snack. It is very filling and satisfying, plus it tastes like dessert! What more do you want, really. If you are a chocolate and peanut butter lover, you need to try this ASAP!
It’s 2018 and every health freak out there is obsessed with smoothies. I’m also a big smoothie lover, and I’ve already shared two of my favorite berry-based smoothies with you: Berry-licious breakfast smoothie and my favorite energy-boosting berry smoothie. They are both very delicious and nutrient dense, perfect to kick-start your day or for energy pick-me-up in the afternoon.
Not another green smoothie!
As you know (or not) I am a huge chocolate lover, self-proclaimed chocoholic and I’m not ashamed to admit it. We all have our weaknesses, and mine is chocolate. So, whenever I can make chocolaty food plant-based, wholesome and good for me, I’m winning at life. Yes, my life is exciting, okay! I’m on a mission over here. As I have the biggest sweet tooth, creating healthy alternatives to yummy, dessert foods seems to be my life purpose.
Heavenly flavor combo!
I’m sure you’ve heard of flavor combinations that marry so beautifully together, like peanut butter and jam or strawberries and chocolate, or banana and chocolate…are you salivating yet?
Chocolate and peanut butter combo is one of those, people! It’s the combo of my dreams, and yours as well I would hope. Or it’s about to be when you try out this thick heavenly smoothie pudding!
This choc and peanut butter pudding bowl is going to fix all your sweet tooth cravings in a wholesome way! Without jeopardizing your weight watch and that summer body. It is Tinsyfit approved, which means it’s entirely plant-based, wholesome, fresh, super easy and quick to prepare, making it perfect for breakfast or afternoon snack on the go.
This little number is also packed with fiber, good carbohydrates, protein, vitamins and minerals and powerful antioxidants! All this with absolutely delightful peanut butter cup flavor that will blow your mind away. You will get hooked on this one, you have been warned. Just saying.
How to make this pudding perfect:
- Make sure you are using frozen bananas here, it’s important. This makes a massive difference in smoothies in general, especially with sweeter ones as it makes them smoother and more refreshing. Plus, it’s summer and nobody wants warm smoothie bowls anyway!
- You also want to use good quality cacao powder. Cacao powder is one of the highest antioxidants containing foods on the planet, plus it is packed with nutrients like iron, magnesium, fiber, and protein. So good for you! Most cacao powders sold out there today are stripped of antioxidants because of the bitter taste, so it’s crucial to find minimally processed raw cacao powder. I really like this MyProtein kind, because it’s organic and contains only one ingredient: 100% organic cacao nibs.
- Use more or less plant-based milk, depending on your blender and preferred thickness. Start with 100ml and work up to 150ml if your blender is not powerful enough to blend up that thick of a consistency.
- Toppings are key! I love fresh berries on this smoothie because it makes it very juicy and fresh tasting. Strawberries or raspberries, for example, go perfectly with chocolate. Feel free to also top this pudding with different seeds, granola or coconut flakes for some crunch, yum.
Super creamy and thick chocolate and peanut butter smoothie, made with a handful of wholesome plant-based ingredients. Perfect for an energy boost in the morning, packed with fiber and protein to fuel the body right. Also a great smoothie to meal-prep in the evening for a quick nourishing and guilt-free breakfast.
- Blend all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and serve in a glass or bowl.
- Add the desired toppings.
Use more milk for a runnier consistency.
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: smoothie, chocolate, pudding, vegan, breakfast, healthy, fit
ARE YOU USING PINTEREST? MAKE SURE TO SAVE THIS PICTURE FOR LATER!
Did you try and enjoyed this recipe? Make sure to tell me about it in the comments below or tag me on Instagram!